Whether you’ve got your own cowbabies, or you’re buying for nephews or grandkids, my hope is this gift guide helps make your shopping a little easier! These are items we either already have or plan to get the boys this year. Some are educational, some functional and some are just fun! My two littles are ages five and two and while I haven’t checked recommended age on all products, they usually both end up playing with the same toys.
- Bucking Chute & Bull Riding Toy- Under $50* Some family friends are getting this for the boys this year, and so they don’t feel they have to completely share, they’re also getting a bronc bounce toy!
- Stomp Rocket- Under $20* We’ve had this toy for a few months, and it’s great! I like that this set has dueling launchers instead of having to take turns. Mom pros- no batteries! Cons- keep the retriever indoors during play. lol
- Vintage Cowboy Coloring Books– $6 and under* These are so fun! We keep some at our house and some at grandma’s! For the other option, click here.
- Dinosaur/Construction Plates & Utensils- $15* We’ve had the construction set for years! Mom pro- they are dishwasher safe! My oldest has loved this set so much. My little loves dinosaurs, and they just released this set so we ordered for him this year!
- Cowboy Small- $6* Our list of favorite books is endless, but this one does such a cute job of summing up cowboy life! It’s a true classic!
- Hooded Cow Towel- Under $20* There are five other characters, but of course, we went for the cow! If in doubt, hooded towels are a great idea for little ones! They get so worn out!
- Work Gloves– $6* These would make a great stocking stuffer! My littles always want to be just like dad. When we found these kids sized gloves (also at most feed stores) we knew we needed to stock up!
- 2-in-1 Wagon– Under $30* This thing is actually great for even younger babies. We’ve had this for over a year. It’s a push toy for those little cowboys first starting to walk. Then, you can unlatch the handle an it’s a mini wagon. My boys fill this up with dirt, toys, leaves it’s endless! And I think they’ll continue to use it for years to come!
- John Deere Tractor & Wagon– Obviously, this is a splurge. My favorite thing about this ride-on toy is the wagon. While we are actually on our second one, it is fun for the boys to be able to haul things. Again, dirt, toys, leaves etc. My one piece of mom advice though… if you have multiples, get a two-seater instead.
- Archery Set– Under $20* We ordered this for my 5 year old this year. Since dad is constantly practicing with his target in the backyard, I think he’ll love it!
- Monster Truck Dirt Track– Under $25* While a dirt track sounds like a nightmare to mom, grandma couldn’t help herself. This was one of the few things they saw on a commercial and asked for. Outside toy for sure!
- Yeti Jr. Rambler– Under $30* While this sounds like a lot for a sippy cup, if you’re anything like us, you need something that will hold up. ours have been dropped in rodeo parking lots, thrown in the back of feed trucks, etc. They scratch but don’t break so we’ll just consider that character. Mom pro- dishwasher safe!
- Mix-and-Match-a-Saurus– Under $35* If you haven’t noticed a common theme, my little is a bit dino-obsessed! This is on order from Santa. Hoping it’s a hit!
- Magnet Building Blocks– Arlington picked these out in a catalog and I found this set deeply discounted! We’ll see if the quality holds up. Fingers crossed!
- Roping Dummy Toy– Under $34* We’re hoping uncle helps the boys with their roping skills with a little assistance from this!
This is the first of my gift guides for 2019. You may find some helpful ideas from last year’s Gift Guide for the Guys until I can put out a new edition.